23 Jan Lower School Learning Facilitator
Reports to: Lower School Head, FLSA Status: Exempt
Elementary Learning Facilitators at Springdale Preparatory School use the Project Based Approach to integrate content though emergent curriculum, and assess the knowledge, skill and ability of students through observation-based assessment. Our Facilitators are expected to develop long term plans, as well as daily lessons which meet the needs of each individual and the group of students. Facilitators plan experiential experiences relevant to and integrated with study-based projects which integrate content learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in teaching, elementary education, or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience teaching at the elementary level; state (any) certification preferred
- Experience with or functioning knowledge of the project based approach
- Comfort with looping within two grade levels (K/1 and 4/5)
- Strong ability to differentiate instruction based on student needs
- Experience with observation-based assessment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Clean criminal history and driving record appropriate to duties of job
- Highly accountable
- Uphold the mission of Springdale Preparatory School in and out of the classroom.
- Develop daily instructional plans for students.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop long-term studies appropriate to each grade level.
- Teach and supervise students according to both class and individual needs.
- Evaluate and document student outcomes.
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques, instructional media, and performance assessments, which guide the learning process toward curriculum goals and student learning
- Use technology to promote learning, creativity, and collaboration.
- Work directly with school administrators and staff in the development, implementation, and evaluation of curriculum.
- Organize, develop, and coordinate events/activities related to study projects and/or academic content.
- Regularly communicate with families about student progress.
- Participate in the life and culture of Springdale Preparatory School by serving on appropriate staff committees, attending weekly professional development period meetings, and other duties as necessary.
- SPS is a Day and Boarding School community. As such, all Facilitators are expected to support the entire community as needed, and especially in the event of an emergency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This job operates primarily in a professional office/classroom environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other common office equipment and accessories.
- The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Be able to lift/move up to 30 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to verbally communicate thoughts clearly, to document, to remember information, to organize.
I have read and understand the job description for my position. I am able to perform all of the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation or modification.
I agree to comply with Springdale Preparatory School policy and all laws, rules, regulations and standards of conduct relating to my position.
As an employee, I will strive to uphold the Mission, Vision and Values of the organization. I understand that Springdale Preparatory School requires all employees to adhere to its values in all their interactions with students, fellow employees and the community at large.
Interested applicants may send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com